What have you been up to this week?
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
Maaaannn, it was one of those weeks.
Saturday I got in three hours of training at my teacher's instructor course out in Bridgeport. We worked on some of my favorite material - empty hand drills and tapi-tapi - so it was a good day.
Sunday I took my kids and my older daughter's boyfriend to one of my favorite places in Dallas-Fort Worth, Trinity Treetop Adventure. IT WAS SO FUN (as always).
Monday I attended Arnis class at Hidden Sword.
And then... life intervened. I spent the rest of the week doing stuff related to my impending move in a few months that just had to be done this week. Given I only have less than two months to go, that's probably going to happen off and on.
But hey, there's actual video of me working out this week. This is me working with one of my teacher's Instructor's Course students with some empty hand flow drills.
Monday: A Form is a Form is a Form
Tuesday: To Learn, Teach
Wednesday: I had major computer problems with TWO computers (thanks, Windows!)
Thursday: 4 Things I'd Change About the Martial Arts World (That Will Never Happen)
Friday: Questions from Quora: How does Escrima or Kali teach you how to use any weapon if it's mostly using sticks?
You can find this blog on your favorite Social Media platforms! Check it out:
- The Stick Chick Blog on MeWe
- The Stick Chick Blog on Google Plus
- The Stick Chick Blog Collection on Google Plus
- The Stick Chick Blog on Pinterest
- The Stick Chick Blog on Facebook
- My Twitter Feed (includes non-martial arts stuff, especially in Chiefs football season)
- My Tumblr (99.9% martial arts)
The final post in this series was published, so I'm keeping this here so you can read and share (and please do).
- ATHLETES AT RISK: Convincing Olympic Athletes to Report Sexual Abuse, Misconduct a Hard Art
- ATHLETES AT RISK: The Evolution of Abuse of Power
- ATHLETES AT RISK: Education, Boundaries Key to Ending Sexual Abuse, Martial Arts Leaders Say
- ATHLETES AT RISK: 7 Tips to Prevent Sexual Abuse, Misconduct
- ATHLETES AT RISK: Time to Hold Abusers and Enablers Accountable
SUPER-FANTASTIC post by Wim Demeere on his blog that I can't agree with more: How to never stop improving in your martial arts training: Randy’s Law
There's LOTS of other stuff in my MeWe group and my Facebook page so go check those out, ok?
FINAL THOUGHTS OF THE WEEK:
It's a "normal" day today. I take younger daughter to Taekwondo, then I go to Arnis class, then I have my second-to-the-last kobudo class over in Dallas.
Y'all take care and have a fun and productive training week!
So what did YOU do this week? What did you train? What did you teach? Did you see any really cool martial arts stuff online? Let me know!