What have you been up to this week?
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
Saturday I went to Arnis class, and we started covering the Kombtan staff material, which is really fun.
Sunday was Easter and we did our family's traditional Easter thing, which is go to a Japanese Steak House.
Monday I went to Arnis class at Hidden Sword.
Tuesday I took younger daughter to Taekwondo class.
Wednesday I attended Arnis class at Hidden Sword. That night, I had my first ocular migraine in 42 days.
Thursday I ended up having a full day of on-and-off ocular and vertiginous migraines in a big swarm, and Friday I had Post-Drome (the after-migraine "hangover) so I stayed home and slept much of the day.
No new pictures of me this week, but here's one from waaaay back in... 2013 maybe... of me helping out my Teacher with the AKATO Kobudo black belts on Arnis concepts. As you can see, I was a brown belt then!
Monday: A Creature of Habit
Tuesday: The Purple Knuckles Club
Wednesday: Leaping Into the Unknown
Thursday: Four Downsides to Being a Filipino Martial Artist
Friday: Nothing, I was passed out ;)
You can keep up-to-date on the Blog and all sorts of other martial artsiness on my social media channels!
- The Stick Chick Blog on MeWe
- The Stick Chick Blog on Google Plus
- The Stick Chick Blog Collection on Google Plus
- The Stick Chick Blog on Pinterest
- The Stick Chick Blog on Facebook
- My Twitter Feed (includes non-martial arts stuff, especially in Chiefs football season)
- My Tumblr (99.9% martial arts)
So be sure to follow, like, join, or whatever you do with the Stick Chick Blog on whichever martial arts social media channel you prefer!
Friend of this blog Cathy Chapaty has written an excellent five-part series published on Bullshido, tackling the topic of sexual abuse in the martial arts (as of this writing, four of the five articles are published). Big thanks to Cathy and Bullshido for this! Read AND SHARE this series in all of your martial arts channels:
- ATHLETES AT RISK: Convincing Olympic Athletes to Report Sexual Abuse, Misconduct a Hard Art
- ATHLETES AT RISK: The Evolution of Abuse of Power
- ATHLETES AT RISK: Education, Boundaries Key to Ending Sexual Abuse, Martial Arts Leaders Say
- ATHLETES AT RISK: 7 Tips to Prevent Sexual Abuse, Misconduct
Oh, Diemon Dave, you were chock full of sage advice.
Goodness me, Master Ken published TWO videos this week.
Please, please PLEASE stop going to the YouTube dojo.
FINAL THOUGHTS OF THE WEEK:
Today I'm helping out at my teacher's monthly Arnis Instructor's course out in Bridgeport. And tomorrow we plan to go to Trinity Treetops Adventure! Yay!
Have a great weekend.
So what did YOU do this week? What did you train? What did you teach? Did you see any really cool martial arts stuff online? Let me know!